Fire Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When emergencies strike, SERVPRO of Seattle Northeast is the leading provider of property restoration and cleaning services in the Seattle Northeast region. With their experienced technicians and state-of-the-art equipment, they specialize in restoring properties damaged by water, fire, mold, and other disasters. Their quick response time, available 24/7, ensures that they can minimize the damage and restore your property efficiently. Additionally, SERVPRO of Seattle Northeast offers comprehensive cleaning solutions, including carpet and upholstery cleaning, air duct cleaning, and odor removal, to maintain a clean and healthy environment. Trust their expertise, reliability, and commitment to customer satisfaction for exceptional restoration and cleaning services.
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call (206) 362-9295
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.